Following an exciting month of celebrations exchanging presents and indulging in food and drink, most of us are now left with some holiday weight gain, a large credit card bill and, to top it all off, miserable weather. It's no surprise that January is a prime month for people to reflect on their lives and consider the changes they can make for the better.
Now that people are going back to work and the Christmas holidays feel like a distant memory, some of your employees might be feeling a bit down. And, with the saddest day of the year fast approaching - Blue Monday (15th January) - it's important that you help your employees make the transition into the New Year as enjoyable and stress-free as possible.
Here are 5 top tips on how you could support your employees' wellbeing and help them beat the New Year's blue:
- Don't let Christmas overspending get your staff down
- Consider running workplace financial education and wellbeing programmes.
- If you provide an Employee Assistance Programme, remind staff it's there.
- Provide access to free support with debt management.
- New Year, New You. Help your employees feel good this year
- Help with healthy eating.
- Encourage exercise.
- Work toward your Corporate Social Responsibility goals with a charity challenge.
- Plan something for employees to look forward to
- Show your appreciation for their hard work by rewarding them.
- Encourage colleague networking.
- Let them have fun! Organise a team social and get everyone together.
- Think about others and give something back
- Encourage recycling and waste less resources.
- Give staff a volunteering day.
- Hold a charity fundraising day.
- Donate unwanted Christmas gifts.
- Remind them what a great company you are to work for
- Use the fresh start as an opportunity to get feedback.
- Help them grow and develop with training and development programmes.
- Offer benefits to make their lives easier.
- Communication is key! If you offer employee benefits, make sure you shout about it.
Click here to download our full e-book entitled 'Practical tips to help your staff beat the New Year's blues' and find out how you could improve employees' motivation, loyalty and engagement.
Happy workforce = enhanced productivity!
Mybenefitsatwork is a trading name of Foster Denovo Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.